The Pigmentation Issue
Pigmentation is the big topic at this time of year it ranks up high with the likes acne & aging skin concerns. So how can you prevent it or if it already is a problem, how can you prevent it getting worse or even better get rid of it completely. As it one of the more stubborn skin problems it is important to understand how & why it happens.
The pigment melanin gives our skin protection against harmful ultraviolet rays. Melanin production can increase or decrease beyond normal, creating a change in the skin colour. The overproduction of melanin, or hyperpigmentation (dark spots), is related to sun exposure (direct sunlight and artificial sunlight), acne scarring, hormonal changes, nutritional deficiency or medications.
Pigmented skin can dull, uneven and lack lustre leaving tired and old, brightening your skin is proven to have an anti-aging effect on the skin. Prevention in much easier than cure as stubborn pigmentation may require some patience.
Top tips for pigmentation!!!
- The first course of action would be to use a good sunscreen to protect the skin or prevent further damage.
- Secondly, using Vitamin A (Environ AVST Moisturiser or Alumier MD Retinol Serum) topically and orally along with the consumption and topical application of product containing Vitamin C which ( Environ C Boost or Alumier MD Vitamin Rich Smoother) will help lighten & brighten the skin.
- A skin lightening serum such as Alumier MD Eventone Brightening Serum which contains powerful pigment inhibitors which prevents new pigmentation from appearing.
- Introducing Alumier MD Intellibright Complex which is a lightweight serum containing naturally powerful skin-lightening agents to brighten the complexion and reduce the appearance of pigmentation.
- A course of Vitamin Infusion Facials by South African skincare brand Environ, Dr Des Fernandes works extensively with issues like pigmentation. Microneedling or Skin Peels (Glow Peel by Alumier MD has excellent results) are all excellent at breaking up pigmentation.
All products are available through our online shop and should you need a more personalised skin plan you may call The BeautyRooms on 071 9858011 or fill out the consultation form at www.thebeautyroomsballyshannon.ie